In today’s Ritter On Real Estate episode, we chat with Yannik Cudjoe-Virgil. Yannik is the principal of Merlynn Acquisitions – a Baltimore-based real estate investment and syndication firm, with $5.8M in AUM.
His experience in commercial real estate began as an Asset Manager by trade for both retail and institutionally-capitalized real estate private equity firms, with over $1.5B+ in AUM, where he oversaw multi-disciplinary portfolios consisting of Multifamily, Mixed-Use, Office, Retail and Industrial properties across the U.S. Welcome to the podcast, Yannik!
Key Points From The Episode:
- Yannik’s background, playing in the NFL and moving to the united states as an immigrant.
- Not having a background in finance but having grit and determination to learn real estate.
- Getting his first opportunity in asset management.
- Why Yannik prefers commercial real estate as opposed to smaller single-family deals.
- What Yannik learned working at a larger asset management firm.
- Yannik’s asset management rhythm/procedure.
- How to deal with delinquent tenants.
- How Yannik utilizes VA’s in his asset management business.
- Real estate is about relationships.
- The future of Merlynn Acquisitions.
- How Yannik plans to help active and retired athletes with passive real estate investing.
- The One Thing by Gary Keller