In today’s episode of Ritter On Real Estate. We Interview Dave Holman. With over a decade of experience, Dave is a triple threat; commercial broker, syndicator/investor and co-owner of Katahdin Property Management.
Dave grew up in Maine and attended Carleton College in Minnesota, focusing on Latin American Studies and Environment and Technology Studies. His first investment took place right out of college when he co-founded a multi-lingual retail chain in Bolivia, The Spitting Llama Bookstore and Outfitter. After earning his MBA and spending 9 years in nonprofit leadership and fundraising, Dave dove into real estate investing to make the world a healthier and happier place.
Dave now co-owns over 130 commercial and residential units in Maine and has a 57 unit new construction project underway. Dave specializes in driving NOI through energy efficiency and creative solutions with refugee and immigrant tenants. Outside of real estate, Dave is a distance athlete and the author of three books: Youth Renewing the Countryside, Coffee Smugglers, and Cyber Fire.
Key Points From The Interview!
- What energy conservation is and how it plays a role in real estate investing.
- Why heat pump systems are better than traditional heating systems.
- How simple things like Insulation save on property energy expenses.
- State and Federal incentives for clean energy management.
- Air filtration systems and how they are essential in a post-pandemic world.
- Investment Biker By Jim Rogers