Category: Due Diligence
In today’s episode of Ritter on real estate we sit down with Garrett Sutton. Garrett is an attorney/best-selling author and one of Robert Kiyosaki’s Rich Dad’s Advisors. Garrett has over 35 years of experience assisting individuals and businesses in limiting their liability, protecting their assets, and implementing advantageous corporate structures.
Garrett is the author of Start Your Own Corporation, Loopholes of Real Estate, Writing Business Plans, Buying and Selling a Business, and his most recent book Veil Not Fail.
Garrett is the owner and operator of Corporate Direct and Sutton Law Center, since 1990 has provided clients from around the world with asset protection and corporate formation and maintenance services.
Welcome to the show, Garrett!
Key Points From The Episode:
- Garrett’s upbringing, going to business and Law School.
- Getting to work with Robert Kiyosaki riding 8 books in the Rich Dad series.
- How Garrett became a Rich Dad Advisor.
- Defining asset protection – think about litigation.
- Don’t hold properties in your own name.
- Garrett explains inside and outside attacks to LLCs.
- The best states to hold LLCs in.
- Umbrella Insurance in why it’s important.
- Why you’re holding company should be in Wyoming.
- Garrett’s new book Veil Not Fail. Corporate formalities and why they are important.
- How to choose the right entity for your real estate business.
- Why C-corps and land trusts aren’t good for owning real estate.
- Using LLC’s for syndication/passive investors.
Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki & Veil Not Fail by Garrett Sutton, ESQ.