In today’s episode of Ritter On Real Estate, we chat with Joseph Very. Joseph is the Principal at US Tax Advisors Group, Inc (USTAGI). As a Cost Segregation Professional, he has helped property owners defer or eliminate millions of dollars in income taxes by leveraging cost segregation studies. Joseph has performed thousands of Cost Segregation studies for clients in various industries ranging from $500,000,000 commercial properties to $50,000 single-family residences.
In addition to Cost Segregation studies, Joseph is able to offer 179d and 45L energy tax credits as well as Research and Development (R&) tax credits.
Key Points From The Episode:
- Joseph’s background as an entrepreneur.
- Selling his travel business, dealing with the real estate crash of 2007.
- Saving clients tens of thousands of dollars in income taxes.
- What is cost segregation?
- How cost segregation impacts real estate Investments.
- Accelerating depreciation and offsetting taxes using cost segregation.
- Joseph explains the process of how cost segregation works.
- Accelerating depreciation and how it works.
- Providing investors with an in-depth fully-engineered cost segregation analysis.
- What happens when you sell a property that has used cost segregation.
- Understanding the various nuances of cost segregation.
- The importance of having a really good real estate accountant.
Books mentioned: Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
Joseph can be reached at (888) 263-1663 or firstname.lastname@example.org.