On today’s episode of Ritter On Real Estate, we chat with Ellie Perlman. Ellie is a real estate investor who owns multifamily properties across the U.S. Ellie is the Founder and CEO of Blue Lake Capital Group, a real estate investment firm specializing in multifamily acquisition and management. At Blue Lake Capital, Ellie helps investors grow their wealth by investing alongside her in large multifamily deals.
Ellie started her career as a commercial real estate lawyer, leading real estate transactions for Israel’s largest real estate company. Later, she transitioned to a property manager role and is now the CEO of Blue Lake Capital Group
Ellie holds a masters in Law and an MBA from MIT Sloan School of Management. She is a Forbes author and a real estate investing podcast host.
In her spare time, Ellie enjoys working out, driving sports cars, skiing black diamonds, and investing in startups. Welcome to the podcast, Ellie!
Key Points From The Episode:
- Ellie’s background, working as a former attorney, getting into real estate, and growing her firm.
- Why Ellie Prefers B-Class Real Estate Investments. How the tenants are more stable.
- Understanding risk-adjusted returns.
- Ellie’s thoughts on supply risk. Downshift in supply w/ new interest rates.
- How Ellie’s underwriting approach has changed.
- How to structure financing for multifamily investments.
- Good debt vs bad debt.
- How to grow a self-sustaining real estate firm.
- Why its better to not be cheap when hiring individuals.
- How an assistant was the best & first hire Ellie made.
– The One Thing by Garry Keller