In today’s Ritter On Real Estate episode, we chat with Eddie Ring.
Eddie is the founder of New Standard Equities and serves as its Chief Executive Officer. He has ultimate responsibility for NSE’s investment strategy, operations, risk management, and investor relationships. He has over 25 years of real estate and financial consulting experience, with 16 years of dedicated investing and operating experience in the multifamily sector. Under Mr. Ring’s leadership, NSE is known as a full-service, vertically integrated organization, and a leading investor of multifamily properties primarily located in the Western U.S. including Seattle, Northern and Southern California, and San Diego. Welcome to the show, Eddie!
Key Points From The Episode:
– Eddie’s background, working as a comedy writer before discovering real estate investing.
– How fatherhood changed Eddie’s perspective on work and time freedom.
– How Eddie scaled NSE to the large size it is today.
– What Eddie learned working for other multifamily firms before starting his own.
– Pros and Cons of in-house property management.
– How Eddie grew his team strategically.
– NSE’s Investment thesis, how Eddie evaluates potential deals.
– Understanding supply and demand in California’s market. How politics impact developments.
– Rent growth overbearing income growth.
– Start With Why by Simon Sinek