Andrew Kerr is the founder of FI by REI, a company dedicated to helping individuals in the nonprofit sector achieve financial independence through real estate investing. As someone who has dedicated his life to helping others through working with nonprofit organizations, Andrew is passionate about making sure mission-driven people don’t have to sacrifice their financial wellbeing to do the work they love.
Because of his success in real estate investing, Andrew has been afforded the ability to focus his efforts on the nonprofit sector. He has scaled two small nonprofits to over $1M a year in revenue/donations and is working towards a goal of raising $25M for charity. He now spends his time with his wife in New Orleans, raising money for nonprofit organizations, helping educate readers and listeners about the power of Real Estate Investing to achieve Financial Independence, and traveling the world.
Key Points From The Episode:
- How Andrew Kerr managed to build a business from the ground up.
- Real Estate as a tool for financial security.
- Transitioning from actively investing in syndication to passively investing.
- Deleveraging to limit risks and exposure.
- Adapting a forced savings strategy.
- Learning a lot of lessons from multi-millionaires.
- Doing due diligence upfront on a deal.
- Passively investing doesn’t equate to complacency.
- Funding a non-profit through passive investing and doing the work that you love.
- Personal growth happens when you learn from your mistakes.
- Profit First by Mike Michalowicz