In today’s episode, we have on special guest Mark Hamilton. Mark is a veteran real estate investing expert, and founder of Hamilton Zanze, a real estate investment firm with a portfolio of over $4.3 billion that specializes in multifamily investments.
The company is one of the nation’s largest privately held multi-family syndication companies with over 20,000 apartment units under management.
Mark has really positioned himself as the expert who has seen ins and outs of multi-family investing and offers a wealth of information. Welcome to the podcast Mark!
Key Points From The Episode:
- How Mark Hamilton Initially wanted to be a teacher but then got started in real estate investing.
- Working in a commercial real estate investing firm right out of school.
- Why finding the right business partner is crucial.
- The importance of building the right team when investing in real estate.
- Dealing with competition & investing outside of your comfort zone.
- Underwriting deals. The importance of focusing more on volume than underwriting.
- How to determine if the market is worth investing in. What indicators to look at.
- Having 24,000+ units under management.
- The biggest lessons Mark learned over the years. How to analyze deals.
- Understanding/leveraging different types of debt based on the timeframe of the deal.
- Mark’s market prediction for 2022.
- Tipping Point By Malcolm Gladwell
How To Reach Mark:
– email@example.com Mention “Ritter On Real Estate”